Some notable recent events: (Wednesday, 02 October 2019)
- My recent piece for Keith Kirchoff, Los murmullitos, was selected for inclusion on the next SEAMUS CD,
- My piece walk now and then into the breath that blows coldly past was a finalist in the Kaleidoscope MusArt Crumb19 composition competition,
- My colleague Elizabeth Hoover and I recently hosted a concert in the form of a live podcast, with Ensemble Parallax, as part of the Performing Arts Series here at Miami. It. was. epic!
A few links to interviews and other miscellany: (Tuesday, 01 October 2019)
- I was recently interviewed for the Lexical Tones tones podcast, a great podcast by hosted by Robert McClure,
- Jeremy Wagner has been working on a version of the Electromagnetically-Prepared Piano (or Magnetic Resonator Piano),
- In a recent interview with Keith Kirchoff about SPLICE he discussed my new piece-in-progress, Los Murmullos,
- J.J. Burred just published a piece in Spanish (Esquizofonías y la nueva electroacústica) about augmented instruments in which the Electromagnetically-Prepared Piano was prominently featured,
- Guerilla Opera has released a concert narration of their recent Emergence concert (on which they performed two of my arias from the opera Pedr Solis), a great idea that they seem to be continuing!
Update-a-thon: (Sunday, 14 October 2018)
- I recently discovered that Alan Shockley's fabulous new book The Contemporary Piano: A Performer and Composer's Guide to Techniques and Resources has a great section on the ElectroMagnetically-Prepared piano.
- Andrea Ridilla and Ryan Reynolds (of Akropolis fame) recently commissioned and premiered Patterns in Asemic Writing at the 2018 International Double Reed Society conference in Granada Spain.
- Boston Classical Review published a great review of Guerilla Opera's Emergence I Gala concert, which included a couple of arias from my opera Pedr Solis.
- Speaking of which, Guerilla Opera, the commissioners of Pedr Solis, will soon begin recording an updated version of the opera in its entirety.
- Ensemble Parallax, who often work with video artists to add visuals to their concerts, is taking a couple of my pieces on the road. Their Miami visit, hosted by our Performing Arts Series, will be a veritable multi-media extravaganza formatted as a live podcast.
- SPLICE continues an amazing run of summer institutes, to which we recently added the mid-year SPLICE Festival. I'm very excited that I will be hosting SPLICEFest III at Miami University in 2019.